March 7, 2010
I’m learning, stumbling as I may be, about being passionate about your work and yet holding back so that it doesn’t consume your life.
Maybe that’s what lunatics did; indulge their passions so much that it eventually alienated them from their context.
I don’t want to be a lunatic, but I do want to see things through this year.
Unfortunately, I have a start-up and choke record that could make a novice stick-driver chuckle.
I get jazzed and enthused about new ideas for SWAT, the youth ministry here, and how we can shape the way each night will go. But then when it comes to planning, and communicating those plans to the other leaders, I drop the ball.
In this particular line of work it, my dropping the ball is a disservice to the youth and I’m ashamed each time I do it.
I know the of the time and preparation that goes into this work, but I also know no one person could, or should, go it alone. And so this helps me to put my “aims” into perspective.
After all, I just want to be one of the tires on the bus God is driving.
~Phen
No comments:
Post a Comment